Infraction Deferral Program
Infraction Deferral Agreement
Traffic Citations in Clark County Pamphlet
The Infraction Deferral Program is offered by the Prosecuting Attorney to allow safe drivers with a good driving record to maintain that record. Upon the payment of program fees and successful completion of program conditions, after 6 months your Citation will be dismissed. No convictions or “points” relating to your Citation will appear on your BMV driving record.
You are NOT eligible for the Infraction Deferral Program if:
• You have already paid your Citation.
• Your Citation is based upon violation of a Local Ordinance rather than a State Statute.
• You are a Habitual Traffic Offender .
• You have a Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
• You have a Probationary License.
• You do not have a valid drivers License.
• Your Citation is related to a criminal act, you are on probation for a criminal conviction, or other criminal charges are pending.
To participate in the program, you must sign an Infraction Deferral Agreement and abide by its terms. The agreement will be filed with the Court. If there are no violations of the agreement, your Citation will be dismissed.
Unless extraordinary circumstances are present, Citations for Passing a School Bus and Speeding 25+ MPH Over Speed Limit are NOT subject to deferral. Citations which result from a traffic accident are NOT subject to deferral unless proof of insurance is shown. The Prosecuting Attorney has complete discretion to deny any deferral.
All Infraction Deferral Fees must be paid in full in advance to the Clark County Traffic Violations Bureau, 501 East Court Avenue, County Government Bldg., Jeffersonville, IN 47130
(812) 285-6320 / (812) 285-6321:
Court Costs $70.00
Initial User’s Fee $52.00
Monthly User’s Fee (6 months) $60.00
Automated Record Keeping Fee $5.00
Document Storage Fee $5.00
Highway Work Zone Fee $0.50
TOTAL FEE $192.50
Payment can only be received by certified check, cashiers check, or money order. NO CASH. NO PERSONAL OR COMPANY CHECKS.
DO NOT send money directly to the Prosecuting Attorney. All payments must be received only by the Traffic Violations Bureau, and only with a signed Infraction Deferral Agreement. You may obtain an Infraction Deferral Agreement online at the website of the Prosecuting Attorney, www.clarkprosecutor.org, or from the Infraction Deferral Coordinator.
1. Get Infraction Deferral Agreement from this website or from Infraction Deferral Coordinator.
2. Sign and complete the Infraction Deferral Agreement and return it to the Traffic Violations Bureau, or to the Clark County Prosecuting Attorney, Deferral Coordinator. Upon approval of your Agreement, you will be notified regarding payment of your fee of $192.50. This is the total amount required and partial payments cannot be accepted. DO NOT send payment with your Agreement. Payment will be due only after you have received notice of approval.
Payment must be sent by certified check, cashiers check, or money order to: Clark County Traffic Violations, 501 East Court Avenue, County Government Building, Jeffersonville, IN 47130. Payment may also be made online through the Clark County Clerk (click on green car), or through the online state Ticket Payment Portal.
3. If you hold an out-of-state driver’s license, you must also send a printout of your driving history from your Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
4.If you need a receipt, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Clark County Prosecuting Attorney
Infraction Deferral Coordinator